Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How do I save money better, without spending it too?

I have been saving up for a new laptop (i'm 14), and every time I go somewhere, I end up spending all of my money. I am trying the concept of saving loose change in a jar. I don't have a job, so saving up is a slow process. I just got a worker's permit, so I will probably get a job soon. I am going to ask at places like Kroger and Chick-Fil-A. Any ideas on how to save money faster without spending it all?|||If you're able to get a regular job, here's what you do: most larger businesses prefer to pay you electronically, rather than giving you a check. When they ask how they should handle the electronic payment, give them the name of the bank where you have a savings account (if you don't have one--start one now). Your salary will go into the bank. In order to take any of it out, you'll have to go to the bank, which will discourage you from spending most of it.|||Learn how to save now and it will definitely help you when you get older. Save the loose change in jar is a good idea. After a few months you could have about 100 bucks. But you have to leave it alone and don't dip in to it. Talk to you parents and see if they can match what you save so it will give you a more attainable goal. So if you save up 500 bucks they'll put in 500 bucks towards your computer. Not sure if you're old enough, but I would try to open a savings account. Every check you receive put 10-20% of it in your savings account. Don't touch your savings account and eventually you'll have a good chunk of change. You're not driving so you don't have to worry about gas money and you're parents buy the grocery's. If you have a cell phone I'm sure your parents pay for that too so you should have your computer in no time.|||Smart child. You know what you want so, since you are a child, a minor, ask mom or dad to open a savings account. Out of sight and out of mind. They can have the power of attorney over your account.

No comments:

Post a Comment