Friday, December 2, 2011

Is there anyway to save money on laundry machines that cost?

I live in an apartment and each load of laundry costs $2.25! Each week I end up spending $15-$20 on those damn machines. Does anyone know how to save money on laundry?|||It would probably be cheaper on you to go to a laundraumat that has those HUGE super duty machines where you can put 4 or 5 times the amount of clothes in one machine. Those machines cost more to run for one load but it just might be cheaper in the long run. Also, you might consider hanging some of your clothes to dry instead od spending $$$ on the dryers.|||When I lived in an apartment complex. I figured out how to put the washers there in test mode and got free washes. I just called the company that made them. Got to tech support and he told me.





LOL|||YEAH ITS EASY AND ALMOST PRACTICALLY FREE. GET A BUCKET OF WATER AND SCRUB UR CLOTHES IN THE WATER AND HANG IT OUT ON A LINE AND LET IT DRY. BACK IN DA DAY WORK. HARD WORK BUT FREE::) MORE POWER TO YA, I DONT DO THAT IM TOO LAZY.|||You could save by washing them but not drying. Hang them on a line. Or find a cheaper Laundromat.|||Well it has been a few years since I used those machines. If I remember correctly, The amount of money that you put in the dryers depends on the amount of time you want things to dry. You could go get some of those racks to dry your clothes on. Put your clothes in the dryer for like 20 min, then take them and finish drying them on the racks. You probably want to put them in the dryer for a few min, so that they are not heavy to carry back to your apartment. It usually takes about 24 hours for clothes to dry on those racks, when they come right out of the washer. I mostly use those racks for things that can't go in the dryer, like sweaters. Also for heavier items like sweaters, I will leave them on the rack overnight, and then one side will feel dry, so then I will turn them over to let the other side dry.





Those racks cost about $10. I have also hung clothes over the backs of furniture to let them dry, or over the shower rod, or I put them on hangers and let them dry that way. If you can get the clothes right out of the washer or dryer and onto some kind of hanger while they are still wet, that will minimize ironing.|||Well the manual way is obviously the cheapest, hanging clothes like shirts and pants also will save money on drying. Consider getting a drying rack (target, Kmart etc) for things that are to big a pain to hang like socks, undergarments, or even towels. I don't know if you have laundry hook ups in you Apt. but when I lived in an Apt. I was able to rent a washer/dryer combo that fit in a very small space (one over the other). Turned out the money spent $60-$80 more than covered it.|||u can purchase your own machines


that way u save money on the long run

No comments:

Post a Comment