Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What are some creative ways to save money?

I need to save money for a special occassion, and I have always had problems with saving! Please Help me figure out a good way to do this!!!!|||I have the same problem and here is how I have solved it....





I am 30 years old and while I am a little embarrassed to say that this is really my savings method, I am confident that it will work for you too.





Materials needed:


- 1 shoe box


- Couple rolls of Duct tape (yes...2)





Take a shoe box and cut a slit in the top of the cover big enough so that you can stuff a folded bill in it.





Place the lid back on the shoe box and then proceed to use both rolls of duct tape to wrap the shoe box in a manner that you will not be able to see any part of the shoe box, I typically use one roll to go one way on the shoe box and the next roll to go perpendicular to the previous direction.





Once the box is secure here is what you need to do.....





Write a date on the box. The date will be the date that you can open the box.





Stuff only 1 and 5 dollar bills every day that you have some in your pocket or wallet or purse.





You will be surprised how quickly you will save up 1000's of dollars.





The best part is that you will really save lots of money....also, when you are just starting, you are seriously deterred from opening shoe box because it is so much of a pain in the a#$ that you will not find it worth your time to unravel it for a couple of hundred dollars.





Happy saving!|||That's such a great idea. I'm going to try that myself! :-)

Report Abuse


|||First of all, change your way of thinking. In the past you have had trouble saving, but don't focus on that. Focus on the special occasion and how you will make a commitment to save for it. Commitment is not all it takes. You also need to change your habits. Once you get in the habit of saving, it becomes easier. I think James_H had a good suggestion w/the duct tape around the box. You can throw any loose change %26amp; dollars into that. I would also save 10% of everything you make. It seems like you need that 10%, but you will find that you can live without it. Each time I am paid I IMMEDIATELY transfer 10% of the gross to my Ing savings account (ingdirect.com). The great thing about having an account online is that I can't simply withdraw the money because I don't have a card for the account (my choice). Once you see the 10% growing, you will be inspired to continue the habit. And you should try to keep the habit long after the occasion is over.|||Buy a 1999 (Or newer) Volskwagen with a Diesel Engine.|||just do not spend it|||spend less on food


don't buy things unless you actually need them


only buy clothing thats on sale|||Start a savings account online.





Check out http://www.emigrantdirect.com





They have one of the best rate (5.05% annual APR), there is no minimum balance to start and you can set up automatic deductions of any amount at any interval (try doing $20/week to start). The APR is done monthly.





I started one myself last year and have over $2000 saved already and I don't even miss the money being deducted weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment