Friday, December 2, 2011

How do you save money in these difficult times?

Everything is going up in price along with gas. What are some ways you save money? It seems so difficult to make ends meet right now. Thanks in advance.|||Drive less, take public transportation, eat out less, stop buying things that you really don't need, but only want. Turn down the heat or A/C when you're not home, buy things you do need in bulk when on sale. Get rid of luxuries like cell phones, cable, magazines. Stop smoking and drinking.|||Clip coupons.


Buy in bulk.


Buy things when they're on sale and stock up.


Go for offbrands of certain foods.


Try and walk more places to conserve gas.


Use a fan or open a window instead of running air conditioning.


Turn all lights in the house off when you're not using them.


If you have a window of your house or apartment that faces east or west, make sure the blinds are CLOSED on the east windows in the morning and the west windows in the afternoon - that way the sun isn't coming in and overheating your house (especially important if you're running a/c).|||well money is tight here so i buy most of my close on sale or clearance


also i work 2 jobs and i have a hybrid car


(there is a rumor going around that there is an illegal car that goes 60mpg in another country|||We've started shopping the grocery store flyer's making lists then stocking up on the leaders (real sale items) not buying on impulse. Which reminds me whole fryers 49 cents a pound now I must go find my list. Other than that we've always been frugal.|||Swap out your old light bulbs for the energy saver bulbs. Your light bill will drop considerably. They're expensive to purchase initially, but worth it. Plus they last longer. They're valuable enough to unscrew and take with me when I move somewhere else.





Raise the temp in your fridge a little bit.





Put more money into the bank. Once you start building your savings, you won't want to spend as much.|||Start by getting rid of that $70 a month cell phone bill and getting a prepay and save.


If you can get a 4 cylinder car.


Do not charge what you don't have on the visa.


Get rid of call waiting and the extras on your phone and save more than $12 a month there.


Get rid of cable.


Walk more.


Go to Churches and other places that give out free food.|||I only shop when I need things and I use a list. I stay home more and all of my outings count. I am getting off my credit cards and intend to pay in cash for future items.

No comments:

Post a Comment